Free Pauline Hanson!
Statement Of The Australia First Party (Sydney)
The trial and imprisonment of Pauline Hanson and David Ettridge were outrages against truth and justice. The process, from 'detection' to 'prosecution' to 'trial' and to 'imprisonment', revealed itself as a corrupt exercise in the use of the criminal law to arrive at a political result, a conveyor belt of falsehood with a false and perverse result.
The trial and imprisonment of Pauline Hanson and David Ettridge are not isolated matters. The process is one aspect of an increasing grab for police and thought control over ordinary Australians. Laws on the detention of terrorism suspects or persons with 'information' about terrorism, laws to confiscate firearms, (proposed) laws to refuse persons of 'national security concern' access to telephones and the Internet, 'vilification' laws and other restrictive legislation, all make Australia a frightening and dangerous place. There is no end of petty dictators and thugs in security agencies, the legal system and State bureaucracies, who are prepared to enforce what will soon become a State terrorism, exercised not in the defence of Australians from a foreign enemy, but employed against Australians for the preservation of the power and privileges of wealthy and well-positioned elites.
The current situation of Pauline Hanson and David Ettridge is a grim reminder to Australians to stand up now. Let this case be a watershed in a roll-back of the State power grab!
In a time when politicians are imprisoned for sex offences, stealing, perjury and other improprieties (yet are still allowed to enjoy their pensions!), the political class has decided to pretend in public two different things: that the imprisonment of Pauline Hanson and David Ettridge is just the normal working of criminal justice (Queensland Premier Beattie), and in the alternate - that the sentence might be a little harsh (Prime Minister Howard). The game disguises that Beattie is gloating and Howard is covering up the role his Minister, Tony Abbott, played in the whole affair. Words from politicians on this injustice should be not taken at face value!
Hundreds of thousands of Australians demand that the Queensland State government, itself a beneficiary of the corrupt process, intervenes in this case.
The Australia First Party calls for the Queensland Attorney-General to:
1. Appear in the Supreme Court of Queensland and recommend that Pauline Hanson and David Ettridge be allowed Bail pending the outcome of their Appeal to the Court of Criminal Appeal
2. Recommend to the Queensland Parliament the formation of a Commission of Inquiry to examine the entire circumstances of the case and the convictions.
3. Recommend to the Governor of Queensland the immediate exercise of the pardoning power.
The Australia First Party calls on its members, members of other patriotic parties and associations and all concerned Australians to:
1. Create public petitions and e-mail petitions, write letters to newspapers, write letters to the Queensland Premier and Attorney General, print posters, leaflets, stickers, telephone radio talk-back and communicate directly with other Australians.
2. Demand a Commission Of Inquiry into the circumstances of this case.
3. Organize public rallies and functions to demand the release of Pauline Hanson and David Ettridge.
In the final analysis, a mass upsurge of protest, a people's protest, is the appropriate course of action. The imprisonment of Pauline Hanson and David Ettridge must be resisted until victory!
Sydney Committee, Australia First Party, August 22